Covid 19 - Autumn Update
Health and safety measures for a safe consultation
As the autumn draws in and the media warn of a mental health emergency, I have updated the Covid-19 health and safety measures for one to one consultations. Please also be aware that online therapy is also available for most of what I do in person if for any reason you are unable to attend a face to face therapy session.
The following measures have been taken to ensure therapy can be done in a safe environment:
- Enhanced and regular cleaning in the public areas of St Francis House.
- The front doors to St Francis House will be locked, so you will be collected from the front doors at your scheduled appointment time.
- All clients to use hand sanitiser on entry to St Francis House and escorted to the therapy room.
- The waiting area will not be available for client use.
- Therapy room sanitising will take place between consultations. This will lead to a scheduled gap between clients for cleaning.
- No refreshments will be available, so please bring your own.
- Social distancing of 1m+ will be possible in the therapy room. A face mask in the therapy room is optional but not essential.
- Toilet facilities will be available, however, we discourage use as much as possible.
- Credit/debit card payments will be suspended as we are unable to do this contactless because of the transaction amount. Cash payments will be possible as will payment by BACs bank transfer.
To make this as safe as possible for all parties it is also important that each client agrees to the following:
- Cancel appointment/ notify me if any COVID-19 symptoms immediately. There will be no cancellation fees during these times.
- Agree to the submission of your contact details to NHS Track and Trace should they be requested. Ideally, use of the NHS Covid-19 App wherever possible should be used.
- Use Facemasks/coverings in the public areas of St Francis House and use the hand sanitiser on entry to the building.
- There will be no air conditioning so dress comfortably to suit the weather conditions and temperature.
- If you are in a vulnerable group or shielding then only book once you have been given the go ahead to do so. Online consultations are available for you if you fall into this group. It is your responsibility to let me know if you are in a higher risk group.
I hope all the above measure make sense. You will be asked to sign a disclaimer to confirm your agreement to the above on your first consultation.
If you don't feel ready to commit to a face to face consultation then remember online therapy is available via Skype, FaceTime, Zoom, What's App and telephone. Feel free to get in touch if you want to discuss any of the above in more detail.
Looking forward to meeting with you safely soon.
John Plester, Principal of East Anglian Institute of Hypnotherapy and Lead Consultant at Norwich Hypnotherapy Practice.